Welcome to the Alfred community.
We hold our Alfreds to the highest standards and, as a valued member of our community, we ask that you meet us halfway to ensure a mutually respectful relationship.
The purpose of our Community Guidelines is to ensure that our messaging with you, our building partners and our employees is consistent, whereby all parties are familiar with our goals and expectations.
Alfred may pause, suspend or terminate service for any resident that violates our Community Guidelines.
The World Health Organization has declared the novel Coronavirus (“COVID-19”) a worldwide pandemic. Due to its capacity to transmit from person-to-person through respiratory droplets, the government has set recommendations, guidelines, and some prohibitions on certain activity. As a result, Alfred Club, Inc., dba Hello Alfred (“Alfred”) requires all Alfred employees (“Employees” or “Alfreds”) to wear a face covering and maintain social distancing of 6 feet or greater for the entire duration of the in-home tidy-up, or any time Alfreds and any Alfred user (a “User”) are present in the same space at the same time. Hello Alfred requires all Employees to participate in a daily COVID-19 screening prior to arriving for work each day and practice frequent handwashing before and after delivering in-home service at your residence.
Adhering to these requirements does not guarantee the prevention of transmission of COVID-19. The possibility of acquiring COVID-19 is present any time you interact with another individual, including within your own apartment. By granting access to any of our Employees, you acknowledge that: (i) you are aware of the associated risk of transmission of COVID-19; (ii) you have been informed of the safety standards undertaken by Alfred and all of our Employees and (iii) any COVID-19 transmission by any Employee or User is considered an unforeseen circumstance outside the scope of Alfred’s control. You should not utilize the Alfred services if you do not agree to each of the acknowledgements above. In utilizing Alfred’s services, you hereby agree to:
– Follow advice from public health authorities. For more information, visit the World Health Organization website at https://www.who.int/
– Wear a face covering and maintain a social distance of 6 feet or greater during the duration of the in-home tidy-up, or anytime an Alfred is present.
– No mask, no Service: Our Employees reserve the right to refuse to complete a requested service if any User does not comply with social distancing protocols or refuses to wear a mask while Employee is present in User’s apartment.
– Release, waive, discharge Alfred, its board, officers, independent contractors, affiliates, employees, representatives, successors, and assigns (the “Released Parties”) from any and all liabilities, claims, demands, actions, and causes of action whatsoever, directly or indirectly arising out of or related to any loss, damage, injury, or death, that may be sustained by you related to COVID-19 while participating in any activity while in, on, or around the premises or while using the facilities that may lead to unintentional exposure or harm due to COVID-19.
– Be fully and personally responsible for your own safety and actions while and during Alfred in-home service, recognizing the possibility of exposure to COVID-19.
– Acknowledge that community transmission of COVID-19 in the United States is widespread, with many carriers asymptomatic.Indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Alfred from and against any and all costs, expenses, damages, lawsuits, and/or liabilities or claims arising whether directly or indirectly from or related to any and all claims made by or against any of the Released Parties due to injury, loss, or death from or related to COVID-19.
– Acknowledge that you are at least eighteen (18) years old and fully competent to give your consent; That you have been sufficiently informed of the risks involved and give your voluntary consent as your own free act and deed; That you give your voluntary consent as your own free act and deed with full intention to be bound by the same, and free from any inducement or representation.
Immediately suspend in-home service and/or immediately deny entry to Alfred Employees if any of the following occur:
– You experience symptoms of fever, fatigue, difficulty breathing, dry cough or any other symptom associated with COVID-19 or any communicable disease within the last 14 days. For a list of common COVID-19 symptoms, visit the CDC’s website at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html
– You become aware that you have been exposed to COVID-19 in the past 14 days;
– You or any member of your household has travelled internationally (by air or sea) within the past 30 days; or
– You, or any member of your household is diagnosed with COVID-19.
– You further agree to inform Alfred within 24 hours if you or any member of your household is diagnosed with COVID-19.
– Broken Items/Damaged Property: if an item is broken or damaged while your Alfred is in your home, he/she will notify you and take a photo of the item in order to verify the value with the relevant insurance company. Your Alfred is required to complete our internal ‘Incident Report’ when a client’s property is broken or damaged. The Incident Report requires a photo and an estimate of the approximate value of the damage. If you are concerned that the Alfred may not understand the true value of the item, please be sure to contact us and discuss it with your Hospitality Specialist.
– Theft/Accusation of Theft: if you have reason to believe your Alfred has stolen from you, we ask that you contact your Hospitality Specialist with the details. We also encourage you to contact the police and file a formal police report – they are experts and will be able to get to the bottom of it. We will simultaneously conduct an internal investigation. We are committed to protecting our employees and our residents, so investigations are confidential and only the information relevant to the investigation will be shared.
– Personal Items and Behavior: we respect that everyone has a different level of comfort with leaving personal items out and around. We politely request that you pack away any items that may make our Alfreds uncomfortable, including items of a sexual or graphic nature, for example:
– Weapons/Dangerous Items: if your Alfred enters your home and there is a dangerous item or weapon that is not locked away, your service will not be completed. We request all dangerous items/weapons be put away and not visible to our team.
– Illicit Drugs: if your Alfred enters your home and there are illicit drugs in plain sight, your service will not be completed. We kindly ask all illicit drugs be put away before Alfreds come to your home.
– Nudity: if your Alfred enters your home and you or a guest of your home is partially or completely nude or otherwise inappropriately dressed, your service will not be completed. If you or a guest of your home exposes yourself to our Alfred, your service will be canceled.
– Bodily Fluids and Health Hazards: if an Alfred enters your home and there are any bodily fluids or health hazards present, your service will not be completed. Any medical equipment, such as diabetic needles, will not be handled by your Alfred and we ask that you dispose of or store the equipment if possible.
– General Illegal Activity: your Alfred will not be party to illegal activity of any kind, and we request that you refrain from performing or otherwise exposing our team to any illegal activity while present in your home.
– Home Cleanliness: your Alfred is trained to provide a basic tidy-up service, but if we can’t move through your home due to the condition it is in, we will not be able to perform the tidy-up. The assumption of a tidy-up is that the home is already predominantly clean (or has just been cleaned by one of our vendor partners).
– Cash for Services: leaving cash and asking your Alfred to take care of something is against our policies. All additional services you want performed need to be requested through the app for a variety of reasons, including liability.
– Tipping: if your Alfred is doing a fantastic job and you want to give him/her a tip around the holidays or at any time, we won’t stop you! We think our Alfreds are pretty amazing, too. We ask that if you choose to leave a tip, you leave a note attached with the Alfred’s name on it. This will help our Alfred differentiate between a tip that you designated for them, and money that you may have simply left on the counter. If you prefer to tip through the app, you’ll be given the opportunity if you leave at least a 4 star review for your service!
– Pets: at Alfred, we love pets; we even have a dog friendly office. However, if your pet growls at, hisses at, scratches, bites, or otherwise threatens your Alfred during service, we will require the animal to be crated or sequestered to another room, in order for us to continue service. If you are unable to accommodate this request, we will no longer be able to service your home. Please note that our Alfreds are not able to feed, walk, clean up after or let your pet out. If these are services you are interested in, please reach out to your Hospitality Specialist to request such services.
– Communication with Alfreds: We want our Alfreds to get to know the residents they are servicing because the more we know you, the better we will be able to anticipate your needs. So if you have the pleasure of being home when your Alfred is working, we encourage you to chat – we have such an interesting team! Our only ask is that these conversations remain professional (you are at home, but your Alfred is at work!) and please don’t cross any boundaries. We know crossing the line can mean different things to different people so here are some examples of no-go topics:
– Do not proposition our Alfreds, request their phone number, or ask them to engage in a sexual act. Remember, your Alfred is at work!
– Do not ask your Alfred for any personal information, including specifics about their religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, or other such details
– Do not raise your voice to your Alfred, or speak to them with any tone or malintention. If you have any issues with the service performed, the company at large, anything at all, please reach out to your Hospitality Specialist who will try to assist you.
– If you have any issue with how your Alfred speaks to you, please let us know by contacting our Hospitality Specialist, or leaving comments through the app.
– Feedback: we want to make sure we are providing you with the best service possible but recognize that no one is perfect. If you have feedback for us, we want to hear it! Our only ask is that all feedback is communicated through our team via the Alfred app (and we will follow up with our Alfred).
Last Updated: September 2020